Getting started with the Vivint Smart Hub in your Chandler smart home
At the center of your home’s security, the Vivint Smart Hub connects your cameras, locks, thermostats, and security sensors into a single unified system. This easy-to-operate, 7-inch color interface places you in complete charge of your Chandler home’s security and automation. See how it will help you and explore recommendations to get started.
What can the Vivint Smart Hub in Chandler do for you?
Wirelessly connecting to devices through radio wave transmissions and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the command center for your home. You may arm or disarm your system, operate lights, update the thermostat, and more. When integrating a doorbell camera, you may even chat with someone at your front door. The Vivint Smart Hub includes a backup battery and cellular capability for added reliability. It also provides complete remote operability through the Vivint smartphone app.
Here are some of the things you can do:
- View current or recorded footage from all linked security cameras
- Disarm or arm your system
- Turn lights on or off
- Open or close your garage door
- Change your smart thermostat settings
- Talk directly to your monitoring center
You can get even more creative with your Vivint Smart Hub in Chandler by implementing schedules or establishing rules. For instance, you might have your smart thermostat adjust automatically nightly at a particular time. Or, you can add preferences like having your front door unlock when the fire alarm goes off.
Steps for arming and disarming your system
Before you get into all the terrific things your Vivint Smart Hub can perform, you’ll need to know how to arm and disarm your security. It’s straightforward - just adhere to these instructions:
- Touch the shield icon on the home screen and swipe to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay means you will remain in the home and arms all sensors excluding interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away means you will be away, and all sensors in the home will arm.
- To disarm, just slide down the shield icon and type in your PIN.
The main screen will post a message if the system isn’t able to arm. For instance, an open window or door will prompt you to take action. Note that you can still arm the system by following the steps above. You will then confirm you want to bypass the sensor that isn’t ready.
How to add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Chandler
Even though various users can be set up during the initial installation, you may want to add an additional user at some point. Here’s how it’s done.
- Press the menu icon (three dots) at the bottom right-hand side of the welcome screen.
- Touch “Users” and input your PIN.
- Choose “Add new user” near the bottom.
- Press “Name,” provide the the name you want to use, and press the Next button.
- If you want to supply the user remote capability, tap phone or email and enter the details to send an invitation.
- Hit Next and then create a PIN for this new user.
- To remove a user, go to the menu, tap users, choose the user you want to delete, and then select “Delete User.”
Automate and secure your home with Vivint
Do you want to take command of your home’s automation and security via an easy-to-operate touchscreen dashboard? You’ll appreciate the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Chandler smart home. Call (480) 739-3177 to speak with a helpful Vivint agent.